It’s June 2013, National Rivers Month.
And here are ten things Californians can do to celebrate our own amazing rivers this month!
10. Join Friends of the River
9. Take canoe, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard lessons
8. Write a letter to President Obama to save riverside trees
7. Save energy and water to save rivers
5. Schedule a Rogue River trip for the fall
4. Schedule a South Fork of the American Trip now
3. Plan to hike to Phantom Ranch in the Grand Canyon and hike across the Colorado River
2. Stroll the river in Old Town Sacramento
1. Check out these ten photos of rivers posted for National Rivers Month.
Enjoy the water!